|Since 1996 the West Chester Area Sports Association has provided a recreational facility for more than 9.000 participants (ages 6-80) each year involved in soccer, football, baseball, softball and lacrosse. This privately operated facility has also hosted various other events from high school sports to numerous community affairs such as Sheriff's Department canine training.|
The Chester County Coed League is honored to be part of the groundbreaking crew that helpled build the West Chester Area Sports Complex in 1996. These beautiful fields were the brainchild of Addie & Alvy Kelly, proprietors of Kelly's Sports in West Chester. We owe a great debt of gratitude to the Kelly's for their vision and generosity which has provided our league with many years of enjoyment playing softball.
Some fast facts regarding the WCASA.
- 17 acres constructed in 1996 through monetary and manual labor donations. WCASA still is non-profit and does not utilize any municipal funding.
- Five enclosed, lighted fields consisting of baseball, softball, football, soccer and lacrosse.
- Home to 10 leagues comprised of more than 9,000 participants ages 6-80 (not including coaches and operations volunteers).
- Leagues involved are Chester County Coed (adult slowpitch softball), West Chester Wildfire (youth fast pitch softball), Wildfire Travel Softball, Chester County Senior League (adult 50 and over softball), West Chester United Soccer (youth & adult), Little All-American Football (youth), West Chester Youth Lacrosse and East Side Little League Baseball (youth).
- Corporate sponsors include (but not limited to) Kelly's Sports (founders of WCASA), WHW Construction, O'Rourke & Sons Steel, Local 654 Electrical Union and Local 542 Operating Engineers.